Friday, February 05, 2010

D23 CRAFT ARTICLE






I was recently interviewed for the D23 (Disneyland Fan Magazine) Spring issue 2010. They asked me to explain some of my paper sculpture techniques through a craft project. I remade the Cheshire cat that is going to be in the "World of Color" water spectacular. The paper puppets I made were animated by my friend Todd Hemker, and the animation is going to be projected on very large water screens.

Here is the
  • D23 CRAFT ARTICLE
  • that is on the web.
  • list of the other articles in this issue
  • 20 Comments:

    Blogger Shelley Noble said...

    Megan, your work looks incredible. I went to the link but found no photo of the finished paper sculpture or even any drawing or pdf, or photos of the shapes you describe or one of the finished face like you put here? Am I missing something?

    Is the only way to see the stop motion of the paper sculptures to go to a Disney Park?

    12:32 PM  
    Blogger Megan Brain said...

    Hi Shelly, I had the same thought--they needed to put one clear picture of whole head. They might have done that in the publication. I have not seen the article in the magazine yet.
    I'm going to email Carmen at Disney and ask if it is kosher for me to post some pics of the cat head on my blog.
    And as for the other question, I think the only way to see the stop motion will be in the park. My guess is it will end up on Youtube after the show opens. Thank you for the comment!

    4:38 PM  
    Blogger Shelley Noble said...

    OH!I seeeeeeeeeee. I thought that WAS the publication ad I was confused!

    Now I can make one too!

    Thanks so much for pursuing this so I can see your fabulous design. You are an amazing talent and I'm a huge fan of your ability!

    PS: I'll look forward to the stop motion on YouTube. It's another passion!

    11:45 AM  
    Blogger foutfolk said...

    Great cat Megan.

    I was wondering if you would trade a piece of art with me? I have an Etsy shop that you could choose something, and in return, make an orininal paper sculpture for me. I'm interested in having one of your pieces in my new country home for others to see. :)

    garth

    Here's my etsy address

    www.gfout.etsy.com

    4:16 AM  
    Blogger DianeM said...

    Just fabulous Megan! The new World of Color show will be all the richer for including your exceptional work, so looking forward to seeing it huge, cheers!

    Updated your page at:


    http://micechat.com/forums/features/132245-disney-artist-focus-megan-brain.html#post1055824049

    9:05 PM  
    Blogger Megan Brain said...

    Hi Garth, Thank you for the offer but I am super busy these days. Congrats on the new country home!

    4:36 PM  
    Blogger Megan Brain said...

    Diane M, Thank you for the mousechat update! That is really nice of you to do that! I can't wait to see the show myself. Steven Davison is brilliant!!!

    4:41 PM  
    Blogger AJK said...

    Your Blog is such an Inspiration Megan!!! LOVE it!!!

    9:56 AM  
    Blogger 奇怪 said...

    變天了~~注意身體,別感冒囉!........................................

    4:44 AM  
    Blogger pakoto said...

    so wonderful!

    5:01 AM  
    Blogger La Donna Welter said...

    Megan,
    Your work inspires me! Thanks! : )
    La Donna

    5:12 PM  
    Blogger 頭痛 said...

    寂寞又無聊 看到你的BLOG 加油喔!!........................................

    9:30 PM  
    Blogger 欣盈 said...

    pleasure to find such a good artical! please keep update!! ........................................

    7:26 PM  
    Blogger Blog Tuan Hamba said...

    http://www.jutawanklik.com/?a_aid=bugis2010&a_bid=2

    7:19 AM  
    Blogger La Donna Welter said...

    Please know.....I am a BIG fan! : )

    6:01 PM  
    Blogger La Donna Welter said...

    An inspiration! : )

    2:33 PM  
    Blogger 李惠玲 said...

    活是一種鍛鍊靈魂的東西......................................................

    10:16 PM  
    Blogger KarieS美航嘉雯 said...

    A片-殺很大 成人a影片論壇 kk777視訊俱樂部 avdvd情色影片 嘟嘟無碼a片情色 視訊聊天 視訊交友聊天室 avdvd無碼情色電影 卡通美女a片免費試看 小魔女免費影片3d 美女視訊免費看 哈拉網路成人區 jp成人jp58 avooo影音 a片天堂 ut影音視訊聊天室13077 aa免費影片 s383情色大網咖免費a片 網愛聊天室 hilive-免費影片 甜心寶貝貼影片 免費成人片觀賞 xvediox免費影片 sod特輯 sex520免費影片yawu uthome視訊聊天室 av女優王國 情色a片flashxyz utobe影片分享 小弟貼影片 bt成人 免費視訊美眉 A片-sex520 免費a片 獸皇影片分享區 小澤圓線上免費影片 女生自衛影片 日本a電影 okav成人影院 免費avdvd影片 免費線上影片 情色a片 免費無碼a片 小魔女影片交流 嘟嘟情人色網影片 華人色片 ol線上免費影片 葉子媚影片分享 色瞇瞇影片網 熟女人影片 金瓶影片交流區-無碼a片 免費影片-無碼a片 免費影片欣賞 aaaaa7777788 卡提諾成人 . . . .

    9:51 AM  
    Blogger 原秋 said...

    Hello~Nice to meet you~..................................................

    9:31 PM  
    Blogger TemikaGalia25 said...

    能付出愛心就是福;能消除煩惱就是慧。......................................................

    9:33 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home